Wednesday, September 15, 2010

God satisfies our needs

Philippians 4:19
“And my God will fully satisfy every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus”


My husband had been very adamant in my studying away from home, after all, it was a great ordeal on his part to be left behind for ten-months, when I was on scholarship in Australia.

Personally, I had my family on top of my list of priorities. This led me to explore ways to study based only at home. I only had two alternatives, one, was through distance education, another was to be enrolled in a local school.

I chanced to read an announcement of the Civil Service Examination for the Masters Degree Scholarship Program, through a local newspaper. God inspired me to apply and I accomplished and submitted all requirements on the very last day of submission of the application forms. This was a competitive scholarship program, so I had to take the competitive examinations.

It was a long and difficult examination. Then the waiting came and ended on December 24 (1995).

I still remember vividly my activities for that day. I was very busy helping in the putting-up of our new set of curtains, that after a while, I sat on a corner to relax my neck. In order to do this, I read the newspaper of the day. There it was - the announcement of the release of the names of those who passed the Civil Service Local Scholarship Program. Out of three hundred plus takers, only twenty- one passed. And one of the names was mine.
Praise the Lord! Indeed God satisfied my need in accordance to His will - the best purpose for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment